Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Weekend So Far

I have had an awesome weekend so far! It started on Friday at school, getting my report card, and then going to the movies to see Madagascar 2, and then spending the night with a lot of girls at my friends house.
Madagascar 2 was really good! I sat next to one of my best friends, (who is an amazing person!!), she didn't want me to sit by her, because during movies I sit there and ask tons of questions! But, for this movie I only asked ONE question, at the very end. So that was good. Usually I ask questions when I am watching a confusing movie. I need some clues!!
So we left the movies and went to my friends house. Five girls plus her- six girls spending the night together! It was a bit crazy! We were up to early morning!! Playing a game, talking, eating. We played truth-or-dare, and well- let's just say, some things we will never forget- and some things- most things that happened will never leave that room- I HOPE!!! It was a lot of fun being together with Christian girls- and the thing that I love is that we are all different ages, but that doesn't stop us from being friends. Like most people won't talk to someone even two years of an age difference from them. But that's not how it is for us. And I love it!! I guess it has to do with Jesus Christ, we all have Him in common and from that, we can all agree on some things. I love all my friends so much! I thank God for them, and I know that my dad is so thankful that I have such a good group of friends, for when he is not here anymore, he knows that my friends will keep me from doing stupid stuff- But I know that they will still let me embarrass myself! But hey! That's my awesome group of friends for you.
When I got home, we watched the movie The Perfect Man. It was pretty good. I liked it.
In my devotions, I am reading through Psalms. It is such a great book. When my dad was getting ready to have his surgery back in March, my friend showed me Psalm 71, and I love that Psalm. You should go and look at it. God is never going to leave me- never! He is always here for me, and that is something that is amazing! He choose me, ME! And then Paul, who was talking about the further along we go in our Christian lives, the more we long for being with Jesus, the world doesn't hold the same longing that it did before we were saved. My dad was quizzing me on that- and you know, that is so true for him. He is sad to be leaving us, but so excited, to be with Jesus. But anyday, we could meet Jesus face to face. One song says, "In the twinkling of an eye, that is when, I will be closer to Him ( Jesus) then I have ever been" How true that is! I know the world still holds a certain, I don't know. I want to be able to grow up, get married, and start my "life". I know in my head that Christ is so much more than that. I just still have to learn that in my heart.
I should probably get going. I want, well need to do some homework. And spend some time with my dad, and other "family" Since we are living with our best friends, and there are twelve of us, under one roof, we are like Cheaper by the Dozen, except 7 kids, and 4 parents. It's fun!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a blessing to us. We continue to pray for you & your family through out the day, every day. It is a joy to see how God is working in each of your lives. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I know it will help others.
    Love,
    The Schrecks

    ReplyDelete